On-Site Catering for Barbecues, Lobster Bakes, Clambakes & More
About Grill 41
Grill 41 is the premier on-site barbecue, lobster bake, and clambake caterer on Boston’s South Shore,
featuring fresh ingredients, from scratch cooking, and great customer service.
We specialize in barbecues, lobster bakes, and clambakes and we cater all types of events all over the South Shore and the Greater Boston area, including weddings, corporate outings, birthday, graduation, and anniversary parties, tailgates, family reunions, and rehearsal dinners.
Our catering menu features a wide variety of house-made grilled and barbecue specialties and classic comfort foods like BBQ boneless chicken breast, pulled pork, sirloin steak tips, grilled shrimp, baby back ribs, fresh, hand-formed 100% Angus burgers, homestyle macaroni & cheese, New England clam chowder, fajitas, BBQ beef brisket, chicken & broccoli penne, grilled sea scallops wrapped in bacon, grilled vegetable pasta primavera, stuffed baby Portobello mushrooms, BBQ & Buffalo chicken wings, calzones, & strawberry shortcake.
Executive Chef & Owner
An honors graduate, Academic All-American, All-Ivy, and All-New England football player at Harvard College and a graduate of Boston College Law School, Joe left a career as a corporate attorney at a large international firm in Boston to become a professional chef.
After receiving an A.S. degree in Culinary Arts from Johnson & Wales University in 2005, Joe started Grill 41 as a different kind of catering company that focuses on from scratch cooking using fresh, high quality ingredients, on-site grilling, and excellent customer service.
What makes Grill 41 different from other caterers?
· We make virtually everything on our menu in-house and from scratch, including our appetizers, entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
· We make our own homemade sauces, spice rubs, and marinades, and we use fresh, high quality ingredients, like USDA Choice beef, Grade A, vegetarian–fed, cage-free chicken, and the freshest produce, meats, and seafood available.
· We grill and cook right on-site for all of our events. We come in with our own grills and equipment and cook throughout the event so your food keeps coming out fresh for all of your guests.
· We provide full buffet service including everything that you need for your buffet (plates, napkins, flatware, serviceware, chafing stands & sternos, and buffet tables)
· We focus solely on catering and do not have a restaurant, so the level of service that we offer our catering customers is second to none.
· Every event that we cater is important to us and we provide our customers with the best food and catering service available anywhere.
We have catered every type of event imaginable including wedding rehearsal dinners, birthday, anniversary, and graduation parties, weddings for 250+ guests, family reunions, tailgates for 400+ guests, and company barbecues for world-renowned corporations and universities. We even catered a couple of NHL Stanley Cup™ victory parties, so whatever you have in mind, Grill 41 will be sure to make your event a memorable one.
To have us cater your next event, please contact our chef & owner, Joe Hiffa, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 781-223-2137.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is included in your on-site catering service?
· We grill and cook right on-site for all of our events. We come in with our own grills and equipment and we prepare everything for your event outdoors and set up your buffet wherever you would like (indoors or outdoors). We also cook throughout the event so your food keeps coming out fresh for all of your guests.
· We provide at least one chef and one or more catering assistants who will cook on-site during your event and serve, set up, maintain, and breakdown your buffet.
· We generally provide a full-service buffet for all of our events. We can also provide alternative service options, including a self-service buffet, passed appetizer service, appetizer station service, and bartending service upon request.
· We usually keep the buffet open for one and one-half to two hours, but we can serve longer if you need us to; please just let us know when you place your order.
· Our team generally arrives on-site about one and one-half hours before your food is scheduled to be served and we plan to be on-site for about 4 hours during your event, including set-up, service, and breakdown time. For weddings and longer events, we usually plan to be on-site for about 5-6 hours or more.
· Our on-site catering service includes heavy duty white Chinet paper plates, white plastic flatware, napkins, serviceware, wire chafing stands with aluminum pans and sternos, and buffet tables with ivory plastic tablecloths at no extra charge. We also provide lobster crackers, lobster bibs, shell buckets, and wet naps for all of our lobster bakes and clambakes.
· If you would prefer, we also offer stainless steel chafing dishes and ivory or white cloth buffet table cloths for rental upon request. We can also substitute faux china plastic plates and faux stainless steel plastic flatware for our standard plates and flatware upon request and for an additional charge.
· We cater all of our booked events rain or shine. We bring our own pop-up tents to cook under in the event of rain and we can set up your buffet either inside or outside, depending on the weather or your preference on the day of your event. If you are concerned about outdoor service for your party in the event of bad weather, we generally recommend renting a party tent for your guests.
· Our minimum on-site catering service charge is $500.
· Our total on-site catering service charge depends on your menu, the type of event, the event location, the number of guests, your event schedule, additional staffing requirements, rentals, and other details of your event.
Can we get an estimate of what the total cost would be to have Grill 41 cater our event?
· We would be happy to prepare a catered event proposal for you with the estimated total cost of your event, including all menu, service, rental, Massachusetts meals tax, and other charges that may apply.
· Please just let us know the menu that you are interested in (either one of our menu packages or a custom menu), your event location, your expected number of guests, the date of your event, the type of event, your event schedule (including the time that you would like us to serve your food), and your contact information and we will e-mail you a catered event proposal for your review.
Do you have a minimum party size requirement?
· Yes. We generally require a 50 person minimum for our events.
· Depending on the event location, event date, and menu we will sometimes cater weekday events (Monday-Thursday), and lobster bakes and clambakes for smaller groups of at least 35-40 guests.
· We are generally available to cater events for up to 400-500 guests any day of the week.
Do you cater weddings?
· Yes. Wedding reception catering is one of our specialties and we would be happy to work with you to put together a barbecue, lobster bake, clambake, or custom menu package that will be perfect for your special event.
· We provide our full on-site catering service, including on-site grilling and full dinner buffet service for all of our catered weddings.
· If you plan to have a cocktail hour we also offer passed appetizer service and appetizer station service.
· Grill 41 is the perfect wedding caterer for a backyard, seaside, pavilion, or other outdoor wedding, in addition to more traditional reception hall events. Please also keep us in mind to cater your wedding rehearsal dinner.
Do you cater company barbecues and clambakes, corporate outings, school, and other institutional events?
· Yes. Catering for corporate, school, and other institutional events and outings is another of our specialties.
· We can cater your event on-site at your company’s location or at another venue that you decide to rent for the occasion.
· We cater company and institutional events for up to 400-500 guests and we are available to cater your event any day of the week.
· We also offer food and beverage concession services for summer camps, fundraisers, corporate events, school functions, and other events for larger groups of up to 1000 guests.
· Some of our current and past corporate, school, and institutional clients include, among others:
· 3Play Media, Advocates Family Support, Andrews Kurth LLP, The Arc of Greater Plymouth, Autocam Medical Company
· Beacon Communities, Beacon Sales Company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Bluestone Energy Services, Brockton Police Honor Guard
· Colonial Nissan Medford, Compass Medical, Cornell University Athletics, Crimson Lax, Dartmouth University Athletics
· Derby Academy, EMD Serono, EOS-CCA, Fennick McCredie Architecture, Fifield Fabrics, Fire Chiefs Assoc. of Plymouth County, IEAE Paul Revere Chapter
· Harpoon Brewery, Harvard University Alumni Association, Harvard University Athletics, Harvard University Finance Department
· John D. O’Bryant School of Mathematics & Science, Laboure College, Massachusetts Manufactured Housing Association, Miniter Group
· National Grid, National Resource Management, New York Life
· PCI SSC, Pembroke Public Schools, Porsche Audi Norwell, PowerAdvocate
· SanDisk, Savers Thrift Store, Shields General Store, Sturtevant, Inc., Talbots, Inc., The Woodlands of Abington, UPPAbaby
Do you cater events at reception halls, function halls, clubs, outdoor pavilions, and other venues?
· Yes. We offer our full on-site catering service, including on-site grilling, at local reception halls, function halls, clubs, outdoor pavilions, and other venues throughout the South Shore and the Greater Boston area.
· When we cater at reception halls, function halls, and other venues, we typically still offer our standard on-site catering service, including on-site, outdoor grilling with our own grills and equipment.
· We have catered weddings, company barbecues, clambakes, and other events at a number of local venues including, among others:
· Camp Kiwanee in Hanson, Camp Wing in Duxbury, Cedar Hill Retreat Center in Duxbury, Fourth Cliff Recreation Area in Humarock
· The Gardens at Elm Bank in Wellesley, The Garibaldi Club in Plymouth, The Green Harbor Yacht Club in Marshfield,
· Harvard Stadium, Harvard University, The Hilltop Athletic Association in Kingston, Hingham Yacht Club,
· The Lightkeeper’s House (Bancroft Hall) in Cohasset, The Pilgrim Belle Cruise Ship in Plymouth, Sand Hills Beach Association in Scituate
· The Sharon Community Center, The Sons of Italy Lodge in Hingham, The South Shore Yacht Club in Weymouth
· Webb Memorial State Park Pavilion in Weymouth, The Weymouth Elks Club, and the Brockton, Onset, and Whitman VFW Posts
Do you charge a gratuity for your catered events?
· No. We believe that gratuity for service should be optional and left completely up to the customer on the day of the event, so we do not include an automatic gratuity charge for any of our catered events.
Do you offer party rentals?
· We directly offer stainless steel chafing dish and ivory or white cloth buffet table linen rentals.
· For other party rentals (tents, guest tables, chairs, china, guest table linens, stainless steel flatware, glassware, etc.) we do not rent those items ourselves, but generally refer our customers to some very good local party rental companies that they may contact directly to make their party rental arrangements. If you would prefer to have Grill 41 arrange for your party rentals on your behalf instead, we can. When we make party rental arrangements for our customers, we just add a service charge to the party rental company’s rental price for making those arrangements.
Do you offer alcohol service?
· We offer soft drink beverage service and a variety of soft drink options as part of our on-site catering service, but we do not directly provide alcohol or bar service ourselves.
· Instead, we work with a few local beverage service companies that we may refer you to directly to provide everything that you may need for your bar -- beer, wine, spirits, and other alcohol, soft drinks, ice, glassware, bar setup, bartenders, etc. If you would prefer to have Grill 41 arrange for your alcoholic beverage service on your behalf instead, we can. When we make beverage service arrangements for our customers, we just add a service charge to the beverage service company’s price for making those arrangements.
· Also, if you plan to provide alcohol for your event yourself, Grill 41 can provide you with bartenders to service your event upon request.
What do we need to do to book our event with Grill 41?
· After you’ve had a chance to review the catered event proposal that we have prepared for you, if you would like to have Grill 41 cater your event, just let us know and we will send you an event confirmation agreement that outlines our payment terms and cancellation policy.
· In order to formally book your event and reserve your date with us, we will need to receive an initial deposit from you based on the estimated total cost of your event.
After we book our event with Grill 41, can we still change our menu, guest count, etc.?
· If you decide to book your event with us, we can adjust the details of your event, including the guest count, menu, service, rentals, and other items at anytime up until about two to three weeks before your event date.
*Please note that all of our menu offerings & prices are subject to change at any time.
Please also note that our menu prices and on-site catering service charges do not include additional charges for Massachusetts meals tax that may apply.
All of our menu prices and on-site catering fees are based on a 50 person minimum. Additional charges may apply for smaller parties.
*Before placing your order, please inform your server if a person in your party has a food allergy.
Copyright © 2008-2018 Joe’s Barbecue & Grill, Inc. All Rights Reserved.